Saturday, March 5, 2011

Understanding

It doesn't matter whether you are having the best day or the worst day, there is always someone you should turn to and thank. In every situation there is an up and a down, but we must focus on the good things in life. The Lord gives us trials and tribulations for a reason. Each one comes with a lesson to be learned. Sometimes we do not see the lesson right away, but trust me, in His time, the Lord will reveal it. The Bible tells us not to worry. Did you know that about 95% of the things that we worry about on a daily basis don't ever happen. There is no need to cause yourself extra stress. 

I know that this is easier said than done. I, too, have to live by my own words. Right now my husband is stuck in South Korea without orders. He was set to come home on March 1st, but God had other plans for him. I am having a hard time being patient. Sometimes I get angry with the Army, and angry with the situation, but I know that He must have a better plan for us. So, here I sit, thinking about what Bible verse I want to focus on tonight. This one comes to mind...

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
1 John 5:20

God wants us to have faith in Him. He died on the cross for us, and for that, we owe Him our lives, we owe Him everything. I have been selfish when I get mad about Weston being stuck in Korea. Instead I should be grateful that he is not stuck else where. I should be glad that he knows the Lord, and grateful for the fact that our marriage is based around God. Take some time to thank the Lord for being merciful to us. If it wasn't for His grace and mercy, we would all be going to hell. 

If the Lord was to come back right now, do you know where you are going? I am going to heaven, because I have accepted the gift of the Lord's salvation. If you haven't done so, then take a look at my previous post, Romans Road. Let me know if you have any questions. 
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment