Friday, January 28, 2011

Inspiring our Troops

It is on my heart to start writing posts that might help to inspire those who are down, or in need of some inspiration. I know that being deployed is hard for our troops, and what better way to support them, then to give them a little something to read. Even if just one person sees this, then my goal will be accomplished. I pray that the Lord will use me and that I will plant some seeds in the lives of others. I pray that I will be a testimony to those who need the Lord, and that He will be the one who is glorified through this. Jesus gave His life for us in dying on the cross for our sins. I deserve to burn in hell because I am a sinner, but Jesus died for my sins and the sins of every other person.

I have a journal that I started writing a long time ago with all my favorite poems, bible verses, and sayings. I am on a mission to find that tonight. I know it is here some where. I have moved so many times in the past couple of years, but I am pretty sure it is in this room somewhere. If not, then I will do this the old fashion way and break out my bible... Which is not a problem at all, it's one of my most favorite books! There is nothing that the Bible doesn't know. God sure knows how to write one heck of a book. It truly is the book of life!!!

So my thoughts for the day: Indulge in your Bible, even if you just read a few verses. Find something that inspires you!

The Bible

When I am tires, the Bible is my bed;
Or in the dark, the Bible is my light;
When I am hungry, it is a vital bread;
Or fearful, it is armor for the fight;
When I am sick, 'tis the healing medicine;
Or lonely, thronging friends I find therein.

If I would work, the Bible is my tool
Or play, it is a harp of happy sound.
If I am ignorant, it is my school;
If I am sinking, it is solid ground.
If I am cold, the Bible is my fire;
And wings, if boldly I aspire. 

Should I be last, the Bible is my guide;
Or naked, it is rainment, rich and warm.
Am I imprisoned, it is ranges wide;
Or tempest-tossed, a shelter from the storm
Would I adventure, tis a gallant sea;
Or would I rest; it is a flowery lea.

-Dr. Amos R. Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment