Friday, January 28, 2011

Purpose

God has given every person a reason to live, a purpose. It is easy to get down on yourself and question why? Why am I here? What is the point? What am I supposed to be doing? However, if you turn to the Lord for these answers and pray about them, He will answer your prayers. There is never a prayer left unanswered. I like the country song, "Unanswered Prayers", HOWEVER the bible tells us that God answers EVERY prayer! When you think that you are not getting an answer from Him, it may be that His answer is "not right now", or "I have something else for you." If things are not going exactly as you planned them, maybe that is because God has something better. I love the saying, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans." Our Lord sure has a sense of humor :) I found this poem in the Chicken Soup for the Christian Teenage Soul book, it is called "Believe in Me", by Amy Allamino.

Believe in Me

It's hard to say that you're okay,
In the midst of hurt and strife.
You seek and find and persevere,
Through every stage of life.

You wonder what the future holds,
How successful you will be.
But you often fail to tell yourself,
"I believe in me."

You seek to find acceptance,
You conform to their new ways.
You lose hold of your values,
And slowly drift astray.

Your passion soon becomes,
Something very hard to see.
Again you fail to tell yourself,
"I believe in me."

You search for joy and happiness,
But somehow come up short.
You didn't seek God's will this time,
Or wait for his report.

He wanted you to ask Him,
"What is it that I need?"
So simple was the answer,
"Just believe in me."


So when you are questioning yourself, or when you are questioning what you should be doing with your life. Whether you are having hard times or not, the answer is simple. Look to Jesus Christ-- believe in yourself, and believe in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment