Friday, January 28, 2011

This One's for the Girls

For the soldier's wives, fiance's, girlfriends, and every one else who is left behind when our soldiers have to leave.... It's not easy to be "A Soldier's Wife." No body said it would be. But I tell you what, it is one of the most rewarding, gratifying decisions I have ever made. While my husband is away, I rely on first, the Lord, but also friends and family. I am very blessed that my husband has such a great group of friends here at home who have adopted me as family. Most of them are in the military as well, and I have really clicked with the girlfriends and wives who know exactly what I am going through. I believe that it is important to have a group of friends who will not only support you in the hard times, but who are experiencing the same things.

Women, it is our job to motivate our soldiers. We are to be the "moto girl" that loves and supports them unconditionally. When they are down and wanting to be home, we have to let them know that yes, we are missing them, but we are ok. Being optimistic has made this deployment so much easier. Look for the good in every situation. The Bible promises us that God won't give us any more than we can handle, with His help. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." The Lord is faithful to us even though we continue to sin. He has promised us that He will be there, He will give us a way out. When you put your faith and trust in Him, life has a meaning.

I have also found that writing letters and emails help out a lot. Sending care packages is always fun too. What ever it is that you do, stay strong. One of my husband's Sergeants told him that "the soldier is only as strong as the home front," and I believe that 100%. We are to be their inspiration and their motivation, and with the Lord's help, anything is possible. When you, yourself are feeling down, turn to the Bible, turn to your friends, and remember that you are important!

No comments:

Post a Comment