Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Are We There Yet?

I have been very optimistic and now, in the last days of this deployment is when I really have to pull myself together and say, "Hey, it is almost over. Even if he was supposed to be home in 5 days, but has no orders, and had to cancel his plane ticket home.... It will be ok. Right?" As I try to reassure myself of these things, I don't 100% feel better about it. When things are hard, what do I tell every one else to do-- to turn to God. It is time for me to take my own advice.


So now, I open my Bible to Romans Chapter 5. 
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;  
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:  
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.  
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

First, I would like to turn my attention to verses 3-5. "Tribulations worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed..." I know this, of course, when you pray to God to give you patience, in return, He gives you something to be patient about. That trial, that tribulation will make you stronger. When a person is stronger, they are hopeful, they know that they can accomplish all things through Christ.

As it says in Philippians Chapter 4:
4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.  5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord [is ] at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing' but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, bretheren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned , and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

We must know that God is in control, and all good things are in Christ the Lord.
And we can. So now, I am putting a smile back on my face, because I know that the Lord is in control.
Philippians 4 continues in verse 13 to say, I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 
There is a lesson to be learned in this tribulation, and out of it will come experience and hope; and yes, of course, patience too. Make it your goal today to smile, even if something is going wrong, or the fact that your soldier is away from you- God is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment