Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Patience a Virtue?


Have you ever prayed for God to give you patience about a certain situation? I have always said, "I quit praying for the Lord to teach me how to be patient because He just keeps giving me situations to be patient about." But, isn't that what life is all about. We should pray for the Lord to make us and mold us into the person that we ought to be. When I am lacking in patience, I should confine in the Lord.

The Army, or military in general definitely requires some patience. Not only from the soldiers, but from their families as well. There are going to be times when you have no idea what is going on. Times when you haven't heard from your soldier because he is out in the field. OR just the opposite, you, the soldier hasn't been able to call home because you are in the field, or on a mission, or just busy with work. Times when you are waiting for your orders and it seems like the military are dragging their feet! Times when you are waiting for a letter, email, or phone call. As a matter of fact, I've learned that it is that way with just about any thing that has to do with the military.

The Lord gives us tasks to keep us busy while we are waiting on those simple things. We can get impatient about it, or we can learn to see the blessings in those tasks. For me personally, it is school that keeps me busy. School, friends, and family. Slowly I am developing those patience skills, and I thank the Lord for giving me tasks to be patient about!

No comments:

Post a Comment