Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tender Love

My soldier is on the other side of the country, and it is the little things that I miss the most. I miss my husband being by my side, holding my hand, and the comfort that his presence brings. I miss the kisses on my forehead, the late night walks, and early morning talks. But soon, that deployment will be over. Less than a month now.



Baby, You Are...
by David L. Weatherford 

my sunny sky, 
my favorite high, 
my bed so warm, 
my port in a storm, 
my sweetest gift, 
my emotional lift, 
my best friend, 
until the end,
my inspiration,
my destination,
my shining light, 
my day and night,
my heart healer,
my anger chiller,
my pain reliever, 
my spring fever,
my gem so rare, 
my answered prayer,
my heart and soul,
my life made whole,
my merry-go-'round,
my "up" when I'm down,
my best chance, 
my last dance,
my best shot,
my sweet kumquat,
my energizer,
my appetizer,
my morning sun,
my evening fun,
my dancing partner,
my heart's gardener,
my source of laughter,
my everafter,
my heaven sent,
for who I'm meant,
my burning fire,
my greatest desire,
my soul mate,
my sweet fate,
my dream lover,
my "before all others,"
my confidence,
my common sense,
my reason why
until I die.
Just in case you didn't know.


In the hardest times during the deployment: I've turned to my Bible. I've turned to God. I've turned to my soldier for comfort. But I have also learned something very important- I am his motivation. I have to be strong. The soldier is only as strong as the home front.



Dear Deployment,
We've almost beat you!
Love Always,
Melissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment