Saturday, February 12, 2011

Deployed Valentines

Valentine's Day is coming up-- Our first married Valentine's Day. Like every other holiday so far, we will spending it miles apart. Yet, I will not let that bother me. Valentine's Day is just a Hallmark Holiday to me. It is just another day closer to my soldier being home. I love him so very much, but I will treat it just like any other day and put another "X" on the calendar.


You should show your partner that you love them every day; there is absolutely nothing special about February 14th! The Lord, our God loves us unconditionally each and every day, whether we deserve it or not. Do yourself a favor and make it a priority to do something special for the one you love more than just on holidays. You will have a better relationship for it. Then do yourself another favor and thank the Lord. Not only for His unconditional love, but also for the blessings He has provided to you.

This year I sent my cousin in Afghanistan a bunch of homemade Valentines to pass around the soldiers over there. Hopefully they will receive the package in time. Thank you to all the soldiers serving every where-- I hope that you know you are loved and appreciated whether it is Valentine's Day or not!


 Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Thank God for our Troops
We APPRECIATE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment